Monday, May 14, 2012

Patience





As a motivated human being we always want to do better and be better than we currently are. Its called hunger and drive.... That same hunger and drive can be used to harm us. It can cause us to be impatient and that often leads to results that we don’t necessarily want.  I often find myself forgetting that my life is not going to go on my clock and things aren’t always going to happen when I want them to and how I have them planned for myself. It’s a higher power that controls that. It’s hard to accept that at times but I have no choice. Everyday when I wake up and before I go to bed, I am constantly trying to figure out the next move I can make to make myself great. I think that at times my drive to be great can cause me to skip over steps and not pay attention to small details that I am supposed to. My solution is simple. Slow down and follow gods plan.  I have been learning that, yes today I may not be where I want to be but I know that if I continue to have a strong faith in god and if I continue to live my life through him that I will end up better than I could have ever imagined. It may mean that a dream I have for myself may never be accomplished. I’m okay with that. My plan isn’t the most important plan. (I’ll be honest, just writing that was one of the hardest things I had to do.) Saying that and truly believing it is a really humbling experience

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Think about it in relationship to track…. 
In the 4x100 meter relay there are four runners all most likely the fastest guys on your team. They all have different ranges of speed. In order to exchange the baton between the athletes one has to be patient and trust in one themselves and two the other person’s ability. One must trust that they will be patient enough to wait for the incoming runner to hit the mark and that when they take off they must trust that the incoming runner will be able to get the baton to them. This must be duplicated three times in order to have a successful relay. I think life is like this too. You have to trust that god has the right and only right plan for you. You must be able to zone in on what it is that he has planned for you and you must be able to move along and overcome the obstacles that are placed in front of you in order for you to reach the ultimate goal of the finish line.
(That made sense to me and hopefully it did to you as well)

Its a lot easier for me to sit and write this than it is for me to actually live through this but I am learning to do so. “ Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.”  That quote is on the home screen of my phone. I am forced to constantly look down at it and reread it. When I feel myself getting down about a current situation, or if I am putting the carriage before the horse in any situation it’s a great reminder to slow down.  Having patience is really tough and I think all people have some struggle at times with it. It’s ok though you should be eager to be better. We all just have to find a way to do that within the plan god already has for us……. 

No comments:

Post a Comment